An Event for intellectual stimulation; spiritual enlightenment and reflection; and renewing friendships and/or making new friends for Retired UCC Clergy, Missionaries, Volunteer Ministry Workers and Spouses of the Southeast and Southern Conferences of the United Church of Christ. Co-sponsored with Blowing Rock Conference Center.
Theme: “GROWING WITH THE WINDS OF CHANGE”
Monday -Wednesday, October 7-9, 2019
Blowing Rock Conference Center, Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Costs for the Events are as follows:
One night $50; two nights $75; three nights $100; four nights $125 (1 or 2 in each room. All rooms have two full-size beds))
Total cost for 5 meals and facility fee ($7.00 per event per person) from Monday dinner – Wednesday breakfast: $59.25 per person.
- Two night stay for one plus meals: $75 + $59.25 = $134.25
- Two night stay for two plus meals: $75 + (2 x $59.25) = $193.50
- Three night stay for one plus meals: $100 + $59.25 = $159.25
- Three night stay for two plus meals: $100 + (2 x $59.25) = $218.50
If there are a minimum of 20 people interested in lunch on Monday, we will serve lunch for $10.25. Starting Tuesday of the retreat there will be a sign-up sheet for those wanting a sack lunch for Wednesday. The cost is $8.
If there are 25 persons arriving Sunday night who are interested in a light breakfast, BRCC will also serve a continental breakfast on Monday at 8 am for $5.
Please register by contacting Ms. Amy Stamey, reservations manager at Blowing Rock Conference Center, at 828-295-7813 or [email protected]
Emails are welcome and I will send out a confirmation. Information she needs:
- Day of arrival and approximate time of arrival for 1 or 2 people (If you are leaving before Wednesday please let her know)
- Would you like a continental breakfast on Monday morning?
- Would you like lunch on Monday?
- Do you require a ground floor room or do you have a room preference?
Directions to Blowing Rock Conference Center:
LOCAL DIRECTIONS (Once you have reached Blowing Rock)
Blowing Rock Conference Center is located in the town of Blowing Rock. At the stoplight at the corner of NC Highway 321 Bypass and Possum Hollow Road (Tanger Outlet Mall is located at this corner), turn on to Possum Hollow Road. When you have turned onto Possum Hollow Road:
- Follow Possum Hollow 0.7 miles to a stop sign
- Turn LEFT onto Sunset Drive. Continue 0.2 miles to the stop
- Turn LEFT onto Goforth Road and continue for approximately .6 miles; you will see the entrance to BRCC just ahead on your right.
- Turn RIGHT and follow the road to the main parking
Participants arriving on Sunday, October 6, are invited to share a meal at 6:00 pm [at a local restaurant to be determined prior to the event].
At 8:00 pm, a Taize/Iona vesper/worship service will be offered in the chapel at the Blowing Rock Conference Center.
Coordinator for Retreat: Rev. Larry Bolick [email protected] 828-612-8146 (mobile)
Box lunch available for pickup after the last session to eat on the road or in the Dining Room with free beverage bar available. Sign up for this lunch will begin on Tuesday during the retreat. Look for a clipboard at the front desk to sign up.
2018 Planning Team from Southeast Conference: