Listen to this Post via Text-to-Speech Narration
In Fiscal Year 2023 (October 1, 2022-September 30, 2023), your generosity helped the Southeast Conference quadruple our Friends of the Conference annual giving from the previous year. While we did not reach our budgeted goal for 2023 of $45,000, we made a significant leap forward. And, we are well on our way to reaching that goal for FY2024!
Your gifts to the SECUCC Friends of the Conference will make a difference in 2024. They will help:
- provide staffing for youth events such as the Southern Region Winter Retreat and the 2024 Regional Youth Event
- provide access to funding to areas such as Bolivar and Monroe Counties in Mississippi and Darlington County in South Carolina for recovery from tornados and floods
- create collaborative opportunities to support and resource local churches through workshops for stewardship and generosity teams, educational sessions for lay officers, and community organizing and advocacy training
- support and nurture people discerning their call to authorized ministry, and continue that care and support as they serve in local congregations and ministry settings
- resource congregations and clergy going through times of transition
- lay the groundwork for starting new congregations and ministry settings in areas of the Southeast Conference that do not yet have the voice of the UCC present and serving the local community
These are just a few of the ways that your generosity makes a difference. As we enter his holy season of Advent and look toward the celebration of Christmas and as we move toward the end of 2023, please consider making a gift to the Southeast Conference Friends of the Conference Fund. You can give securely on our website at SECUCC.org or go to https://southeastconferenceunitedchurchofchrist-bloom.kindful.com/.
Thank you for all you do to make our ministry as the Southeast Conference together possible! And thank you for your generosity, which empowers us to do this collective ministry in the Southeast Conference that supports and resources local church and ministry settings, emboldens and nurtures youth and young adults, encourages and cares for clergy, and spreads the Good News of God’s amazing love.