Listen to this Post via Text-to-Speech Narration
This Giving Tuesday, your gift can have an ongoing impact in the world. Make a gift to the Southeast Conference today that:
- creates opportunities for youth to gather in meaningful ways – in 2024, the Southeast Conference, in collaboration with our sibling conferences in the Southern Region of the UCC and partnering with the Mid-Atlantic Region of the UCC, will be holding a Regional Youth Event in Virginia Beach, VA. Your gift supports this event and other resources for supporting our local churches working with our younger generations.
- offers tangible hope to communities through our Disaster Ministries – the Southeast Conference, in partnership with the UCC Disaster Ministries and Global H.O.P.E., maintains relationships and responds to communities in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Your gift makes it possible to support and partner with them during the recovery process, as well.
- makes it possible for new congregations – whether new starts or established and looking for affiliation – to become part of the UCC. The Southeast Conference, through our Church Team, has identified and began the process of starting 2 new congregations, and is in exploration with several other communities. Your gift will support continued growth.
- helps train new candidates for pastoral ministry – whether it is walking alongside MIDs (Members in Discernment) as they prepare for and discern their call to ministry or creating opportunities for people to explore the options for ministerial training, your gift defrays costs associated with preparation for ministry.
- provides pastors with ongoing support of their work from conference staff and peer groups organized by the staff. And when your pastor experiences a personal crisis, critical conference staff pastoral support is available.
Truly welcoming congregations don’t just happen. They come from trained leaders, values held dearly by UCC members and congregations to care for one another and those in physical need, emotional distress, seekers of authentic identities, and those who have experienced recent natural disasters. And that happens through your generosity. On this giving Tuesday, please consider making a special gift to the Southeast Conference and help grow our shared ministry and the voice of the United Church of Christ in the South!
The Board and Staff of the Southeast Conference