At their October 15, 2020 meeting, the Conference Board of Directors appointed the individuals listed below to serve on the search committee for the SEC Conference Minister. This follows the vote of the September 26th Annual Meeting to begin the search process.
The Search Committee will begin their work with an orientation on November 14, 2020 by the Rev. Lee Albertson, UCC Coordinator for Conference Minister Searches. The hope is that there will be a candidate to present to the Annual Meeting in June 2021. Please keep the Search Committee in prayer.
Member of the Search Committee
- Ms. Bea Forniss (chairperson; First Congregational, Montgomery, AL)
- Ms. Penny Hensley (Board Representative; Phoenix Congregational Christian Church, Wildersville, TN),
- Mr. J Mason Davis III (First Congregational, Birmingham, AL)
- Pastor Haley Lerner (Kirkwood UCC, Atlanta GA and Presbyterian Student Center at the University of GA, a forming UCC community of faith)
- Rev. Tricia Lytle (Peace Congregational, Clemson, SC)
- Rev. Steven Miller (Virginia Highland Church, Atlanta, GA)
- Rev. Troy Sanders (Rehoboth Fellowship, Atlanta GA)
- Rev. Diane Tugel (Brookmeade Congregational, Nashville)
- Ms. Dana Williams (Unity UCC, Montgomery, AL)