The UCC and the Southeast Conference, through Pleasant Hill Community Church, have had a long mission relationship with partner churches in Cuba. As a part of that partnership, there will be a trip this July for UCC youth and adult chaperones led by Kim Miller. Kim has led a number of these trips in the past.
There will be opportunities to be a part of a work camp with our partner the Lavastida Center in Santiago de Cuba, fellowship with Cuban youth, and opportunities to become acquainted with Cuba and it culture.
Group Leaders: Kim Miller and Ted Wilkinson
Where: Santiago de Cuba
Who: High School Teens and Adults Chaperones
- $1,350 – $1,550 (total cost will depend on number of participants)
- A Nonrefundable Deposit of $200.00 due by April 1, 2019
- Checks are to be made out to: UCC Study Seminar AND mailed to: Kim Miller, 5411 Chatfield Square, Greensboro, NC 27410
Included in Cost:
- Room and Board/Food
- Visas/license to travel
- Round trip airfare from Miami, FL to Cuba
- Transportation and Excursions in Cuba (museums, historic sites, beach)
- Custom made t-shirt
- Health Insurance while in Cuba
For More Information about our partner in Cuba: Visit the Lavastida Center website at http://centrolavastida.blogspot.com or search for them on Facebook.
Daily Activities include:
- Mornings: Construction work at the Lavastida Center/Center Projects
- Afternoons: Local excursions to learn about Cuban culture/history
- Opportunities for fellowship with Cuban youth