Dear Siblings in Christ,
As we prepare hurricane Michael to make landfall in the region, there are a couple of things I want to share with you that were shared with me by one of our Consulting Conference Ministers, Rev. John Vertigan.
- Please, take a moment to walk through your facility with a video camera so that you can show an insurance adjuster what you own.
- Keep your insurance documents handy and know who you can call to respond most immediately to any damage sustained in the storm. If you are insured through the United Church of Christ Insurance Board, you an report a claim electronically at insuranceboard.org.
When reporting a claim, be prepared with this information:
- Details of the loss:
- Date of loss,
- Description and cause of damage or injury
- Names of involved individuals.
After-Hours Emergency Claim Line is reached at 1-800-716-3196
- After the storm, please note that UCC Disaster Ministries may be able to assist with immediate emergency grants to help a local community that faces urgent needs post-storm. If your church plans to reach out in such an instance, please be in touch so we can try to help in that regard.
- If you think I might be able to help in some way, please feel free to call. My phone is 404-719-6572.
Please know my prayers are with you in these coming days. I will be lifting you up.
Rev. Heather Fosburgh
Associate Conference Minister