Folks from six Nashville area UCC congregations gathered on Saturday, April 7 at Howard Congregational Church for the first of five regional meetings as the Southeast Conference discerns our future together. Participants included members and clergy from Howard Congregational, Pilgrim (Chattanooga), Phoenix Community, Cookeville, Holy Trinity, and Brookmeade churches.
Led by Interim Conference Minister Marie Bacchiocchi, participants spent 90 minutes learning about the current state of the Conference, studying scripture, praying for discernment, and discussing options for the path forward.
Future sessions will be held as follows:
- Saturday, April 28: Huntsville, Alabama (2:00-3:30 pm)
- Saturday, May 12: Stone Mountain, Georgia (2:00-3:30 pm)
- Sunday, May 13: Pleasant Hill, Tennessee (2:30-4:00 pm)
- Thursday, May 17: Atlanta, Georgia (10:00-11:30 am)
- Date TBD: Charleston, South Carolina