The Southeast Conference United Church of Christ is currently seeking candidates for the position of Generosity Coordinator. Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to the Conference Minister via email at gro.c1527274458cuces1527274458@ihcc1527274458oihcc1527274458abm1527274458.
The Generosity Coordinator of the Southeast Conference will foster stewardship in the Conference by enabling congregations to strengthen their giving through education, best practices, and stewardship awareness.
The Generosity Coordinator reports to the Conference Minister and works with the Southeast Conference Board of Directors through the Stewardship and Finance Chair of the Board.
The Generosity Coordinator is a contract employee of the Southeast Conference and will be compensated at the rate of $25/hour, plus mileage at the IRS rate. The position is a part time position: 10 hours per week. The Generosity Coordinator needs to be able to travel to the churches in the Southeast Conference.
The Generosity Coordinator will build, develop, and continue relationships with local churches and pastors around the areas of Stewardship Development, OCWM, and Church Financial Development.
- Assist local congregations in Stewardship Development by promoting the resources available to them, act as a stewardship trainer as needed, and communicate a message of generosity throughout the Conference.
- Promote Stewardship within the Conference by attending meetings, making stewardship information available at meetings and networking with local pastors and lay leaders.
- Promote and develop OCWM awareness and appreciation in local churches by building relationships with local church pastors and lay leaders, speaking to groups or congregations with the conference, and helping congregations set higher OCWM goals.
- Support local churches with financial development ideas and resources including planned giving and gift annuities opportunities.
- Act as Director of the Transforming Churches—Transforming Lives Campaign by coordinating the applications for scholarships and the awarding of gifts.
- Work with the Conference Minister and the Stewardship and Finance Chair of the SEC Board of Directors to re-establish the Friends of the Conference giving.
- Support the Conference website and newsletter by writing articles and securing information around stewardship and giving.
- Keep trained on new as well as traditional methods of Stewardship and Planned Giving practices by attending meetings, communicating with the national setting of the United Church of Christ, and networking with others in these ministries.
- Attend National and Conference meetings, as appropriate, to build and maintain OCWM and Stewardship awareness.
- Member in good standing of a United Church of Christ congregation of the Southeast Conference.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising preferred.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of and comfort in using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, and Quickbooks Reports.