We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2017. We encourage you to include these prayer requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and include them in your own prayers. Click here to download the entire 2017 prayer list.
Week of March 5
- United Church of Cookeville; Cookeville, Tennessee
- PATHWAYS Theological Education Program
- Roy Bain
- Douglas Farmer
- Vant Hardaway
- David Speno
Week of March 12
- Rehoboth Fellowship; Atlanta, Georgia
- UCC National Staff and Collegium
- David Buttrick
- Valerie Coe Lowder
- Tavye Morgan
- Continued prayers for Rev. Gary Myers as he continues to recover from mild stroke.
- Prayers for Rev. June Boutwell as she returns to California for a month and then on to her new ministry in Pennsylvania.
- Prayers for Rev. Marie Bacchiocchi as she begins her ministry as Interim Conference Minister on March 6, 2017
- Continued prayers for Rev. Rodney Franklin, Senior Minister at First Congregational Birmingham as he is part of a UCC leadership delegation that will be visiting the Middle East to engage with partners and learn about the impacts of the use of economic leverage. This is one of many implementation efforts the national setting is taking around the 2015 General Synod resolution, “A Call for the United Church of Christ to Take Actions Toward a Just Peace in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict.”
- Patricia Keeler, serving as Chaplain at University of Alabama Birmingham Medical Center, and Sonya Gravelee, serving as Chaplain at St. Vincent’s East Hospital in Birmingham, were installed under four-way covenants at Beloved Community Church on February 26, 2017. Marcia Bentley represented the Commission on Ministry.
- Ann Michelle Brigham Rogers will begin as Designated Minister at Safe Harbor Family Church in Flowood, Mississippi with the Ash Wednesday service on March 2, 2017.
- Rev. Marie Bacchiocchi will begin her service as Interim Conference Minister on March 6, 2017. She will be attending the Council of Conference Ministers meeting her first week and will be available in the Conference as of March 13.
- Scott Williamson has been called as Senior Pastor of Pilgrim Congregational UCC in Chattanooga, Tennessee. His start date is yet to be determined.
Churches in Transition
Oak Grove Congregational Christian, Pine Mountain Georgia; Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Howard Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; United Church, Huntsville, Tennessee; Holy Trinity Community Church, Nashville Tennessee.