We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2017. We encourage you to include these prayer requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and include them in your own prayers. Click here to download the entire 2017 prayer list.
Week of February 5
- Safe Harbor Family Church UCC; Flowood, Mississippi
- Dwight Andrews
- Robin Lee Fitch
- Amber Kirkendoll
- Gail McGill
- Jodi Yarini
Week of February 12
- Garden of Grace UCC; Columbia, South Carolina
- Thomas Eckert
- Leah Lyman Waldron
- Susan Mitchell
- Helen Smith
- We hold Rev. Glenna Shepherd’s spouse Clare in prayer as the family mourns the death of Clare’s mother. Glenna serves Pleasant Hill Community Church in Tennessee and is currently in Great Britain with Clare as the family makes arrangements.
- Prayers for Laverne Dixon, associate pastor at First Congregational Atlanta, as she recovers from surgery.
- Prayers for healing for Cindy Crocker as she recovers from a recent illness. Cindy is a member of Safe Harbor Family Church in Flowood Mississippi and serves as the chair of the Finance and Stewardship Committee of the Southeast Conference.
- Rev. Brenda Green asks prayers for the family. Her mother, Bertie Knight Howard, died on December 13, 2016. A memorial service was held on January 28, 2017, in Savannah, Georgia. Brenda serves as a chaplain in the Atlanta area.
- Rev. Raymonda Speller and wife Krystle and big sister Christiana are pleased to announce that Christopher Josiah Speller entered this world on January 4, 2017 at 9:22 pm, weighing 7 pounds 5 ounces. Rev. Speller is pastor of Community Congregational UCC in Montgomery, Alabama.
- Prayers for those in Albany, Georgia and Hattiesburg, Mississippi who were affected by violent storms and tornadoes. And gratitude for disaster response teams who are assisting in the clean-up, response, and recovery.
- Jodi Yarini was ordained on January 15, 2017 at Virginia Highland Church. Prayers for Decatur UCC and their leadership as they confirm this relationship.
- Joshua Kuipers was ordained on January 15, 2017 at Kirkwood UCC during their regular worship service.
- Sam Greening has been called to serve as interim at United Church of Huntsville. He will begin his ministry on February 1, 2017. He comes to Huntsville from La Jolla UCC in La Jolla, California.
- Jennifer Sanders will be installed as Pastor to Beloved Community UCC, Birmingham, AL, on February 12, 2017.
- Amber Kirkendoll will resign her pastorate of Safe Harbor UCC, Flowood, Mississippi on February 26, 2017.
- Rev. Marie Bacchiocchi will begin her service as Interim Conference Minister on March 6. She will be attending the Council of Conference Ministers meeting her first week and will be available in the Conference March 13.
Churches in Transition
Oak Grove Congregational Christian, Pine Mountain Georgia; Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Chattanooga Tennessee; Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Howard Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; United Church, Huntsville, Tennessee, Safe Harbor Family Church, Flowood Mississippi.