We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2016. We encourage you to include these prayer requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and include them in your own prayers. Click here to download the entire 2016 prayer list.
Week of December 4:
- Sandy Creek UCC-LaFayette, Alabama
- John Lackey
- Kenneth Samuel
- Edward Schneider
- Sonya Williams
Week of December 11:
- Jones Chapel Congregational Christian-Woodbury, Georgia
- First Congregational UCC-Marion, Alabama
- Deborah Douglas
- Richard Lammers
- Paige Pearson Wimberly
- Gratitude for safe travel over the Thanksgiving holiday and the gathering of friends and families and the generous spirit of those who served and fed others.
- Continued prayers for all those present at Standing Rock, North Dakota and all those who are standing in solidarity and providing for their needs.
- Prayers for the members and friends of Mother Emmanuel AME Church and the people of Charleston as the trial of Dylann Roof commences.
- Prayers for members of the Southeast Conference Commission on Ministry as they travel to San Antonio for the national UCC Authorizing Ministry Conference. Attending are Valerie Coe Lowder, Michelle Holtmann, Bert Knupp, Carrole Moss, Heather Bardole, and Jess Chancey.
- Prayers for the families of the students killed and injured in the school bus crash in Chattanooga and the staff and families of Woodmore Elementary School.
The Southeast Conference Interim Conference Minister Search Committee has received candidate information and is proceeding with interviews and reference checks.
Churches in Transition
Oak Grove Congregational Christian, Pine Mountain Georgia; Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Chattanooga Tennessee; Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Howard Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Holy Trinity Community Church, Nashville Tennessee.