- For all those who will travel to be with family on Thanksgiving day, for those who will provide welcome for others, and for those for whom this day is not one of gratitude but of pain and sorrow and loneliness.
- For all the water protectors at Standing Rock, North Dakota and all those who are standing in solidarity and providing for their needs.
- For First United Church-Belvidere, Tennessee and Pastor Jan Whiteman as she begins her ministry November 27. (See article elsewhere in this newsletter.)
- Prayers for the healing of the nation and that we may be a people of light and reconciliation so that we live the message that God is Love and that all are welcome no matter who they are or where they are on life’s journey.
We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2016. We encourage you to include these prayer requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and include them in your own prayers. Click here to download the entire 2016 prayer list.
Week of November 20:
- New Hope Congregational Christian UCC-Clio, Alabama
- William Derstine
- Lewis Kola
- Daniel Rosemergy
- Irvin Whitley
Week of November 27:
- The United Church-Huntsville, Alabama
- Richard Diekmann
- Gerald Kummer
- Jeremy Rutledge
- Scott Williamson
- The Southeast Conference Board of Directors has appointed an interim search committee who has begun its work with the assistance of Lee Albertson on the national UCC staff. The interim search committee is chaired by Rebecca Seldomridge, chair of the SEC personnel committee. Members are: Glenna Shepherd and Vanessa Robbs from Tennessee and Heath Battles from Alabama. Interviews for the Georgia representative are still ongoing.
- Pastor Jan Whiteman will begin her ministry at First United Church-Belvidere Tennessee on November 27.
- Emmanuel UCC in Greenville, South Carolina and Rehoboth Fellowship of Atlanta were approved by the Commission on Ministry at their November 5th meeting to move from new church start to churches with full standing. Rehoboth Fellowship will be recognized on November 20 and Emmanuel UCC will be recognized on November 27.
- Welcome to Heather Bardole who will fill the staff position of Southeast Conference Registrar and Office Administrator. She begins on November 18.
Churches in Transition
Oak Grove Congregational Christian, Pine Mountain Georgia; Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Chattanooga Tennessee; Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Howard Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Holy Trinity Community Church, Nashville Tennessee.