- We hold the coastal communities of Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina in prayer as they continue to recover from recent weather events. We are grateful that neither Circular Congregational Church in Charleston or First Congregational in Savannah suffered any damage.
- For the community gathered at Standing Rock, North Dakota on November 3 including a number of UCC pastors and Conference Ministers as they stand in solidarity with the Native American community as water protectors.
- Prayers for all those seeking political office and all those who will and will not go to the polls on November 8. May the wisdom of the Almighty be present in times of decision making and with leaders and those whom they serve.
We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2016. We encourage you to include these prayer requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and include them in your own prayers. Click here to download the entire 2016 prayer list.
Week of October 30:
- Howard Congregational UCC – Nashville, TN
- Bryan Currie
- Sarah Kim
- Patricia Robbennolt
- J. Houston Wheeler
Week of November 6:
- Covenant Community Church – Center Point, Alabama
- Edward Dahmer
- Amber Kirkendoll
- Alan Brett Roof
- Brynn White
Week of November 13:
- Pilgrimage UCC – Marietta, Georgia
- Susannah Davis
- Nelson Kittle
- Benjamin Rose
- Linda White
- The Southeast Conference Board of Directors has appointed an interim search committee who has begun its work with the assistance of Lee Albertson on the national UCC staff. The interim search committee is chaired by Rebecca Seldomridge, chair of the SEC personnel committee. Members are: Glenna Shepherd and Vanessa Robbs from Tennessee and Heath Battles from Alabama. Interviews for the Georgia representative are still ongoing.
- Prayers for Emmanuel UCC in Greenville, South Carolina and Rehoboth Fellowship of Atlanta as they are recommended to the Commission on Ministry at their November 5th meeting to move from new church start to churches with full standing.
- The Commission on Ministry has set an ecclesiastical council on Saturday, November 5 for Kate Stulce (and, we hope, another Member in Discernment who is close to ready). The ecclesiastical council will be held at Pilgrim United Church of Christ in Chattanooga, Tennessee, beginning at 3:00 p.m. The ecclesiastical council will immediately follow the meeting of the Commission on Ministry, scheduled to take place that day (beginning at 10:00 a.m.) at the same location. You are invited and encouraged to participate, if possible.
Churches in Transition
Oak Grove Congregational Christian, Pine Mountain Georgia; Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Chattanooga Tennessee; Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Howard Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Holy Trinity Community Church, Nashville Tennessee.