The Regional Theological Education Consortium (RTEC) will meet from November 7 – 9, 2017 in Oberlin, OH. Rev. Dr. Sarah Kim, Director of Theological Education and Dean of PATHWAYS will be attending along with the Rev. Ginnie Ferrell, chair of the PATHWAYS Advisory Committee and Rev. Dr. Lou Kavar, immediate past chair of the Advisory Committee.
Goals of the November meeting include:
- Develop and build relationships among peers who are leading and teaching in RTE programs
- Experience and explore online learning in a prototype course led by The BTS Center Scholar-in-Residence Pam Shellberg (and prepare for Epiphany season in the process!)
- Practice using an assessment tool that can help break open the story you tell about your program
- Create new course content using the Marks of Faithful and Effective Authorized Ministers of the UCC
- Engage in thoughtful and creative dialogue about the landscape of theological education and ministerial formation
Registration, program materials, lodging and meals are FREE to participants, thanks to generous support from The BTS Center and the UCC’s Strengthen the Church Offering. The Southeast Conference will provide travel funds for this event.