The Southeast Conference Board of Directors met September 9-10, 2016 at Pilgrim Congregational UCC in Birmingham Alabama. Rev. June Boutwell, Designated Conference Minister led the board members in a leadership development and orientation session on Friday, September 9 and the Board met for their initial meeting on September 10.
Board Members are:
- JR Finney (Covenant Community Church, Birmingham), Moderator of the Southeast Conference and Chair of the Board
- Dennie Kelley (Church of the Savior, Knoxville), Vice Moderator
- Amber Kirkendoll (Safe Harbor Family Church, Flowood Mississippi), Secretary
- Aqueelah Salome As-Salaam (Decatur UCC, Decatur Georgia), Treasurer
- Valerie Coe Lowder (Kirkwood UCC, Atlanta), Commission on Ministry Chair
- Gary Myers (Trinity Congregational UCC, Athens Alabama), Nominating Committee Chair
- Rebecca Seldomridge (Pleasant Hill Community Church, Pleasant Hill Tennessee), Personnel Committee Chair
- Cindy Crocker Safe Harbor Family Church, Flowood Mississippi), Stewardship and Finance Committee Chair
- Vanessa Robbs (Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Chattanooga Tennessee), Director at Large
- Scott Williamson (United Church of Cookeville, Cookeville Tennessee), Director at Large
- Tony England (Holy Trinity Community Church, Nashville), Director at Large
- Larry Gipson (Kirkwood UCC, Atlanta), Director at Large
- Debora Murray (Community Congregational UCC, Montgomery Alabama), Director at Large
There is still an opening for a director at large for the term ending June 2018. Anyone interested may contact the Conference office.
Among the business the Board of Directors considered was the appointment of an interim search committee and approval to move to a virtual office by the end of 2016. This means the Conference Minister will have a home office and the Conference mailing address will move to a post office box.