We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2016. Each month, we will publish a weekly list for the month and post them weekly on our Facebook page. We encourage you to include these prayer requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and include them in your own prayers.
- Prayers for the family of Bill Eure who died early July 18. He is the spouse of Rev. Michael Piazza serving Virginia Highland Church in Atlanta. Services will be held at Virginia Highland Church and at the Cathedral of Hope in Dallas. Arrangements are pending.
- Rev. Andy Sidden at Garden of Grace in Columbia South Carolina has requested prayers for his sister-in-law Danene Howard of North Carolina and nephew Chris Barnes of West Virginia who are both suffering from cancer.
- Prayers for the family of Elder James Jackson, from Hope, Arkansas. He is the nephew of Minister Carrole Moss of Victory for the World Church in Stone Mountain Georgia. The services were held Saturday July 16.
- Prayers for the family of Ronald D Vinson. He died on July 11th at his home in Bakersville, North Carolina. He was a marriage and family therapist in the Atlanta area for over 25 years and a previous member of Central Congregational UCC. Services will be held August 7 at the Universalist Unitarian Church in Asheville. Memorial gifts can be made to the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy.
- Blessings to Rev. Ginnie Ferrell as she retires July 31 from active ministry as Associate Pastor of Central Congregational UCC in Atlanta. Her farewell Sunday was July 10.
- Blessings for Rev. Laurie Hill whose last Sunday at Fairfield Glade Community Church in Tennessee will be August 7. She has accepted a call at a UCC church in Illinois.
- Prayers for the newly elected and appointed officers, board members, General Synod delegates, and committee chairs and members as they begin their service to the Conference.
- Prayers for both Kirkwood UCC in Atlanta and Decatur UCC in Georgia as they relocate to different temporary ministry sites as part of a transitional ministry plan.
Churches in Transition:
Oak Grove Congregational Christian, Pine Mountain Georgia; Church of the Savior, Alpharetta Georgia; Pensacola UCC, Pensacola Florida; Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Chattanooga Tennessee; Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Howard Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Beloved Community, Birmingham Alabama; First United Church, Belvidere Tennessee.