We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2016. Each month, we will publish a weekly list for the month and post them weekly on our Facebook page. We encourage you to include these prayer requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and include them in your own prayers.
- Condolences to the family of Joseph Gyorke, retired UCC minister who moved to Pleasant Hill Tennessee in 1991 after serving 21 years at St. Paul’s UCC in Schaefferstown, Pennsylvania. He died on June 23, 2016.
- Continued prayers for Bill Eure as receives treatment at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. He is the spouse of Rev. Michael Piazza serving Virginia Highland Church in Atlanta.
- Blessings to Rev. Ginnie Ferrell as she retires July 31 from active ministry as Associate Pastor of Central Congregational UCC in Atlanta. Her farewell Sunday is July 10.
- Blessings for Rev. Laurie Hill whose last Sunday at Fairfield Glade Community Church in Tennessee will be August 7. She has accepted a call at a UCC church in Illinois.
- Prayers for the newly elected and appointed officers, board members, General Synod delegates, and committee chairs and members as they begin their service to the Conference.
- Prayers for both Kirkwood UCC in Atlanta andDecatur UCC in Georgia as they relocate to different temporary ministry sites as part of a transitional ministry plan.
Churches in Transition:
Oak Grove Congregational Christian, Pine Mountain Georgia; Church of the Savior, Alpharetta Georgia; Pensacola UCC, Pensacola Florida; Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Chattanooga Tennessee; Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Howard Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Beloved Community, Birmingham Alabama; First United Church, Belvidere Tennessee.