[fourcol_three]The national offices of the United Church of Christ is rolling out a God is Still Speaking 2.0 local church toolkit. It will be sent to every local church by the end of the month. It is a collection of resources to help UCC churches connect with social media, build a UCC identify, and provide materials to help local church connect to their congregations and communities.
It consists of a graphics gallery with sizeable formats, a social media resource package, materials to aid in setting up a church website, a selection of UCC videos for educational, informational, media, and meeting use, correct use of the UCC logo and graphics, and a list of creative, low cost techniques that any church can use to promote or market their mission, ministry, or identity.
We will be contacting churches later to get their feedback on these materials.
Rev. Dr. John Dorhauer, UCC General Minister and President shared:
The United Church of Christ has a mission and message we believe in – and I will do everything in my power and ability to broadcast that message with energy, with passion, and with hope. I am seeing every day what our local churches are doing to fulfill that mission and to proclaim that message: and it changes lives.
My hope is that these tool kits, and any other materials we produce in this Still-Speaking 2.0 campaign, will help us bring relevance and capacity to our efforts to preach this gospel of extravagant welcome. We can’t do any of this without you, your ongoing help, prayers, love, and support. Nor can we do it without the help of our churches.
So, have fun with this. And let’s together change lives, and change the world.
[/fourcol_three] [fourcol_one_last][/fourcol_one_last]You can find the toolkit on the UCC website: ucc.org/stillspeaking_toolkit. The toolkit contains:
- Extensive gallery of 36 graphics to communicate UCC identity, UCC messaging on justice issues and faith commitments.
- Each graphic is provided in JPEG and EPS formats, allowing them to be used for social media, on church websites, and in print. All can be sized for various uses, from worship bulletins, posters, mailers, and community marketing to t-shirts, banners, etc.
- Social media
- Instructions for starting and maintaining a local church Facebook page
- Social media Best Practices
- PowerPoints on social media for different constituencies within congregations
- Social media and youth ministry
- Access to the UCC’s “Get Social” weekly email coaching for local church communicators
- Selection of UCC Facebook cover photos
- UCC identity Facebook graphics
- Access to a selection of website builders (both free and paid) including customized UCC template versions and tutorials
- Tips on content and how to write for the web
- Curated selection of UCC identity, justice, faith formation, and Bible study videos for use in social media, worship, adult education, evangelism, coffee hour, etc.
- UCC Branding Guidelines
- How to use the UCC logo, emblem, and motto
- UCC logo, emblem, motto, and “God is still speaking” in a variety of formats and sizes
- 13 inexpensive (often free) ways to generate awareness for your church
- A list of creative, low cost techniques that any church can use to promote or market their mission, ministry, or identity