On Saturday, February 27 you are invited to join in the first of a series of crucial conversations on race, law enforcement and the law sponsored by the Georgia Appleseed Center for Law and Justice. This is an opportunity for all participants to engage in constructive dialogue on these critical issues.
Representatives of the following organizations will participate in this session:
- Georgia Appleseed Center for Law & Justice
- Presenting findings and recommendations based on a year-long study of ways to enhance police community relations.
- J.W. Fanning Institute of Leadership Development of The University of Georgia
- Guiding the participants through meaningful, respectful dialogue.
- Atlanta Police Department
- Discussing community engagement efforts.
- Saturday, February 27, 2016
- The Commons, First Congregational Church, UCC
125 Ellis Street, Atlanta, GA 30303
- If taking MARTA rail your destination is the Peachtree Center MARTA station
Parking: free behind the building (limited spaces); $6 in lot at 105 Courtland (entrance on John Wesley Dobbs)
- Registration & continental breakfast begins at 9:00 A.M.
- 9:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
- Participants are asked to stay for the entire session.
- Lunch & breakfast free of charge
- To participate, RSVP by Feb. 25 using this link: rlel-community-conversation.brownpapertickets.com
- Names will be held at the door.