We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2015. Each month, we will publish a weekly list for the month and post them weekly on our Facebook page. We encourage you to include these prayer requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and include them in your own prayers.
- Click here to download the October and November prayer list
- Click here to download the entire 2015 prayer list
Highlights for October:
- Prayers for Michael McCaulley who is hospitalized. Michael is a member of Peace Congregational in Clemson SC and a Member in Discernment.
- Prayers for the family of Kelly Gissendaner, a member at Central UCC in Atlanta. Also prayers for Rev. Sally Purvis who was Kelly’s chaplain while she was on death row. There will be a memorial service for Kelly at Central Congregational on Saturday, October 12. Michael Pater at Central wrote about Kelly’s death on his blog: http://whereheartandmindmeet.ccuccatl.com/2015/10/01/no-justice-without-mercy/
- The Conference Office has been informed of the death of Rev. Herbert Gessert on July 24, 2015 at the age of 88 years. Some in the Southeast Conference may remember him during his decade of working in the President’s office at Talladega College beginning in 1967. He is survived by his wife Jacquie and three children: Debby (and her husband Jack) of the Isle of Palms near Charleston, South Carolina; Suzi of Williamsburg, Virginia; and Jim of St. Charles, Missouri — as well as two devoted grandsons Johnny and Sean of Charleston, South Carolina.
Rev. Paul Eknes-Tucker will be installed at Pilgrim UCC in Birmingham on October 4.
- Jodi Yarini will be installed as licensed pastor at Decatur UCC on November 1.
- Brookmeade Congregational UCC in Nashville has called Rev. Sharon Temple as a Designated Transitional Minister for a two year term. She will begin November 1.
Churches in Transition:
Oak Grove Congregational Christian, Pine Mountain Georgia; Church of the Savior, Alpharetta Georgia; Peace Congregational UCC, Clemson South Carolina; Pensacola UCC, Pensacola Florida; Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Chattanooga Tennessee, Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Howard Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee.