We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2015. Each month, we will publish a weekly list for the month and post them weekly on our Facebook page. We encourage you to include these prayers requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and include them in your own prayers.
- Download the July and August 2015 Caring Community list
- Download the Caring Community Prayer List for the 2015 year list
Highlights for June:
- Continued prayers for Rev. Dr. Sarah Kim, Southeast Conference Director of Theological Education and Dean of PATHWAYS, as she returns from sabbatical July 16.
- Gratitude for our General Synod Delegates who were in Cleveland June 26-30. Ben Rosesays “One of my favorite parts of Synod 30 was worshiping and working with my fellow Southeast delegates. They approached their work at the 30th synod in an intentional and prayerful way. Synod included both reflection and celebration. We began to discern who we are as the body of Christ and we celebrated our diverse and vibrant United Church of Christ.”
- Michelle Holtmann will be ordained at Central Congregational Church UCC on July 12, 2015.
- Pleasant Hill Community Church UCC, Pleasant Hill Tennesee will install Rev. Glenna Shepherd on July 26 at 3:30 p.m.
- Pilgrim UCC, Birmingham has called Rev. Paul Eknes-Tucker to serve as senior pastor beginning June 1, 2015
- Rev. Leslie Etheredge has been called to serve as Regional Minister of the Gulf Coast (Western) Region of the Florida Conference beginning in August.
Churches in transition:
Oak Grove Congregational Christian, Pine Mountain Georgia; Church of the Savior, Alpharetta Georgia; United Church, Cookeville Tennessee; Peace Congregational UCC, Clemson South Carolina; Pensacola UCC, Pensacola Florida; Pilgrim Congregational UCC, Chattanooga Tennessee, Brookmeade Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee; Howard Congregational UCC, Nashville Tennessee.