There is still time to register for General Synod this year. The Southeast Conference Delegates are ready to represent the Conference as the entire UCC community gathers for fellowship, worship, and tending to the business of the ministry of the UCC. You can register for this event and get more information on the Synod website by clicking here.
These are the proposed resolutions for our consideration. You can find the texts with links to the General Synod website. These resolutions have all been considered by UCC Conferences and congregations and submitted for action by the delegates to the General Synod.
- Commemorating 100 Years since the Armenian Genocide
- Dismantling Discriminatory Systems of Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Resolution to Change the Racially Demeaning Name, Mascot and Imagery of the Washington National Football League Team
- A Call for the United Church of Christ to Take Actions Toward Just Peace in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict –There are two resolutions with this name – this links to the second
- Transition from Fossil Fuels to Renewable Energy
- A Call of Peace, Justice and Reunification in the Korean Peninsula
- Dismantling the New Jim Crow
- Resolution on Full Communion Relationship between the United Church of Christ and the United Church of Canada
- Developing Welcoming, Inclusive, Supportive and Engaged Congregations for Mental Health
- Resolution to Support Legislation Requiring Labeling of Genetically Engineer Foods on Food Packaging
- Resolution Marking the Thirtieth Anniversary of the Just Peace Pronouncement by Recommitting Ourselves to be a Just Peace Church
- Calling on the United Church of Christ to Recognize the Actions of Israel Against the Palestinians as Apartheid
- Responsible Stewardship of the Outer Space Environment
- Calling the United Church of Chris to Advocate for the Ethical and Compassionate Treatment of Undocumented Immigrant Children Seeking Refuge in the United States.
- Resolution Urging Socially Responsible Investment Practices
We invite your prayers as we travel and deliberate and celebrate this wonderful denomination and its presence as advocates and doers of justice and bringers of peace.
The following people will represent the Conference as delegates: Debbie Spearman. Carrole Moss, Ben Rose, Lacey Brown, Marvin Morgan, Charmaine Johnson, Jeremy Rutledge, Kirk Lyman Barner, Gwen Thomas, and June Boutwell.