Theme: “Living and Dying Wisely”
“Living Wisely” led by Rev. Steve Halsted
“Caring for God’s Creation – The Moral Imperative.”
“Dying Wisely” led by Rev. George Bennett
Using the film “The Grief Walker” and
Stephen Jenkinson’s “DIE WISE – A Manifesto for Sanity and Soul”
Dear Retired UCC Ministers, Missionaries, and Volunteer Ministry Workers, and their Spouses in the Southeast and Southern Conferences of the United Church of Christ:
We invite you to attend the Sixth Annual Retired UCC Servants Retreat that will be held Monday dinner through Wednesday morning on October 3-5, 2016. This event is being planned for Retired UCC Servants of the Southeast and Southern Conferences of the UCC. It is being held at Blowing Rock Conference Center in Blowing Rock, NC amid the beauty of fall coming to the NC mountains!
This Event is for intellectual stimulation; spiritual enlightenment and reflection; and renewing friendships and/or making new friends.
The costs for this year’s retreat from Blowing Rock Conference Center are:
- Meals: $49.75 for Monday dinner – Wednesday breakfast per person
- Lodging: $50.00 per room for one night, $25.00 each additional night.
- [You may come prior to the event and stay after the event for the same room rates.]
- Conference/Facility Fee: $7.00 per person
Reservations should be made through Blowing Rock Conference Center.
- Jan Bourdon, Reservations Manager, Blowing Rock Conference Center
- Tel: 828-295-7813 Fax: 828-295-5066
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
There is no upfront registration fee so make your reservations soon and then make full payment at the event in October.
We hope you will be able to join us for this time of fellowship, learning and spiritual renewal.
2016 Planning Team
UCC from Southeast Conference Area
- Mary Ruth, Pleasant Hill, TN, retired Volunteer Ministry Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. George Bennett, Valdosta, GA, retired Clergy, email@example.com
- Martha Bennett, Valdosta, Ga. Spouse of retired Clergy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Susan Webeler, Opelika, AL, retired Clergy, email@example.com
UCC from Southern Conference Area
- 2016 Coordinator Rev. Jamie Fonville, Burlington NC, Retired Clergy, JamieFonville@gmail.com, 336-971-7214
- Carol Fonville, Burlington NC, spouse of retired Clergy, Church Musician, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Steve Halsted, Cary NC, retired Clergy, email@example.com
- Rev. Wayne & Judy Gardner, retired Clergy & spouse, firstname.lastname@example.org