By unanimous vote, Rev. June Boutwell was elected Designated Conference Minister for a period of three years by church representatives from across the Southeast Conference at a special called meeting on Saturday, February 1st at Victory for the World at Stone Mountain, Georgia. The day included a time for Rev. June to introduce herself, for […]
By Barbara Everett United Church Funds hosted its annual investor conference in Charleston, So. Carolina Jan. 17-18. Meeting in the historic district, interested attendees were able to walk a short distance to Circular Congregational Church for a tour of this historic church established in 1681. The conference attracted many first time attendees and by all […]
By Lacey Brown January 17-20th was the annual Winter Youth Retreat at the UCC’s Conference Center in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. Over 100 students attended from both the South East Conference and the Southern Conference. Both middle and high school students and their leaders gathered for three packed days of fun activities, worship, skiing, and […]
This will be my last “shot” at sharing some of my experiences gathered while traveling in your midst and representing you at various functions. I begin by joining you in a profound sense of celebration for the selection of the Rev. June Boutwell to begin ministry here in SECUCC effective February 24, 2014. I have […]
Come on February 15th for a St. Valentine’s potluck supper gathering of the Nashville area United Church of Christ & UCC friends to grow in love and peace, prayer and meditation, and in fellowship with one another. Evening’s Theme: “You Are Loved” featuring the Josh Groban’s song of same title. In Concert: JASON & deMARCO, vocal duo, Celebrating love, marriage […]
Each of these videos were recorded at worship during the special called meeting on February 1st:
The 2014-15 scholarship process in underway in our National UCC, and there a large number of scholarship possibilities: • For “members in discernment” • For those preparing to teach in a seminary setting • For one-time emergency need (available year-round to full time MDIV students) • For students preparing for Military Chaplaincy • For students […]
This Saturday at 1:00-4:00pm EST at Victory for the World in Stone Mountain, members of the Southeast Conference are encouraged to come meet candidate Rev. June Boutwell and hear about her ministry and plans for this new position. The meeting includes time for questions and answers, a worship service, and concludes to refreshments and fellowship […]
My visits to SEC congregations have been more limited since my last reflection piece in the December e-news, but what I have experienced has been a stirring mix of special music and gracious hospitality. Conference Ministers regularly visit different congregations, and over my years the music and hospitality in different conferences has varied greatly. I’ve […]
The search committee has selected Rev. June Boutwell as the candidate for the new Designated Conference Minister position. She will be presented to the Southeast Conference as a whole at a special call meeting on February 1st. Members of the Southeast Conference are encouraged to come meet Rev. June and hear about her ministry and […]
- Rev. June Boutwell Elected New Designated Conference Minister February 5, 2014
- Recap of United Church Funds’ Annual Investor Conference February 5, 2014
- Youth Gather at January’s Winter Youth Retreat February 5, 2014
- ICM Reflections – Preparing the Table February 5, 2014
- Upper Room Fellowship St. Valentine’s Potluck at Holy Trinity February 5, 2014
- Welcome Randy Hyvonen – our new Interim Conference Minister! July 26, 2013
- Remembering Roger Knight June 6, 2013
- Youth Lock-in at Annual Meeting June 6, 2013
- Candidate chosen for new Designated Conference Minister January 9, 2014
- David Sigmund and Jay Greaves Married at General Synod July 1, 2013
- Special Called Meeting to vote on Designated Conference Minister Candidate | Southeast Conference UCCSoutheast Conference UCC: […] Click here for more information about th...
- Mike Stroud: Not to upstage our ICM or to embarrass him, but th...
- Randy Hyvonen: In the interest of helping folk with my last name,...
- Randy Hyvonen: Hi Marvin! I appreciate your welcome and your wis...
- Randy Hyvonen: Thank you, Andy. I appreciate the word of welcome...