Click here to register for the 2015 Annual Meeting Online! We’re excited for this year’s annual meeting. taking place again at lovely Piedmont College! Below you can find all of the information you’ll need for registration and participation in the event. Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless […]
There is still time to register for General Synod this year. The Southeast Conference Delegates are ready to represent the Conference as the entire UCC community gathers for fellowship, worship, and tending to the business of the ministry of the UCC. You can register for this event and get more information on the Synod website […]
“Living Our Faith in a Multi-FaithWorld” October 5-7, 2015! 5th Annual Retreat for Retired UCC Servants Blowing Rock Conference Center, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Dear Retired UCC Clergy, Missionaries, Volunteer Workersand Spouses, We invite you to attend the Fifth Annual Retired UCC Servants Retreat that will be held Monday dinner through Wednesday morning on October 5-7, […]
BUILDING GOD’S HOUSE I am very excited about our Annual Meeting this year. The pomp and ceremony of my installation last year is now a memory. I have had many opportunities to meet many of you as I have made my way around the Conference. We have been working hard to live into a new […]
We are continuing the process of praying for authorized ministers, congregations, and ministry groups throughout 2015. Each month, we will publish a weekly list for the month and post them weekly on our Facebook page. We encourage you to include these prayers requests in your local church newsletter, share them with your prayer circle, and […]
We invite you to come dance with us at this year’s Southern Region Women’s Retreat. This includes the United Church of Christ Conferences: Southeast, South Central, Southern and Florida. This fun and meaningful event is taking place October 16-18 amidst the beautiful fall foliage of Sumatanga Conference Center in Gallant, Alabama, about 45 minutes north […]
Mike Stroud, director of the Project 66-16 history initiative, has written an essay on the event that laid the groundwork for the beginning of the Southeast Conference of the UCC on January 1, 1966, an event whose 50th anniversary we commemorate on the last weekend of April. On April 24, 1965, delegates from the old […]
TRANSFIGURATION Many of the members of the Southeast Conference have heard me speak about my call to serve this Conference as pastor and teacher and to lead the Conference in a process of visioning, planning, and preparing a road map for the future. My title is Designated Conference Minister because I was called to a […]
The Southeast Conference has an active legacy from the Civil Rights movement. As the 50th Anniversary of Bloody Sunday was observed in Selma, several of our UCC churches were present there to witness to our commitment to justice and solidarity. The following reflections are from members of three UCC churches that attended. We are grateful […]
The following churches have received grants from the Transforming Churches Transforming Lives Capital Campaign. Take a look at the powerful ministries that are happening through efforts of our congregations! First Montgomery Congregational Christian, Montgomery, AL. The Centinnial Hill Community Back to School project will invite hundreds of children, youth and their parents to receive needed school supplies. Partnering with […]
- Annual Meeting 2015 Registration May 8, 2015
- General Synod 30 in Cleveland May 8, 2015
- Retired Servants Retreat May 8, 2015
- May Jottings from June May 8, 2015
- Caring Community May 8, 2015
- Project 66-16 Special: The Day the Southeast Conference Was Born April 22, 2015
- Welcome Randy Hyvonen – our new Interim Conference Minister! July 26, 2013
- Remembering Roger Knight June 6, 2013
- David Sigmund and Jay Greaves Married at General Synod July 1, 2013
- “Down South News” history will soon be available online June 10, 2013
- Mike Stroud: Mrs. Humphrey, much thanks for your kind words. Ma...
- Faye Humphrey: Mike, Thank you for keeping this history alive an...
- Michael Stroud: Mr. Moore, thank you for your kind words. You and ...
- Truman Moore: Mike, this is a very fine piece of writing about o...
- Scholarships for Theological Education - Southeast Conference UCC: […] Could you or someone else benefit from t...